
Date nights are my favorite nights in our house. They don't happen often enough. But tonight, we had date night! We tried a new restaurant in Charlottesville=Zo Ca-Lo (picture of the dining room on the left-love the brick accent wall). It's Spanish fusion and it was amazing. I had the key lime free range chicken with black beans, rice and a spicy guacamole-like sauce on top. It was AMAZING. Probably the best chicken I've ever had. Plus, Phillip made a toast to "the most beautiful woman I know". I know, I'm lucky.
After dinner, we went to Whole Foods to pick up a few things...including free-range organic chicken (because our neighborhood grocery doesn't have it), and these little mini-desserts (lemon tart for me, chocolate peanut butter brownie for Phillip). I also got some Cinnamon and Orange essential oil-sounds like a weird combo, but when I had my last massage

(WAY too long ago), the massage therapist told me that combo was supposed to be stress relieving. It's just nice to spend a few hours on the weekend together, sharing a meal, talking, spending time doing nothing. And yeah, I know our whole date night revolved around food-eating it, buying it, and planning to eat it. We're foodies. No apologies here.
Yay for date night.
No comments:
Post a Comment