Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting real...and being vague.

I'm going to apologize in advance to those of you who are used to me sharing lots of details. In this post, I just can't yet. But I needed to get our current situation out there, so that those of you who are praying for us, hoping for us, sending positive energy our way, can push it into "overdrive" for a bit, if you will.

In the last few days, we have made some progress in our adoption journey. We have some interest, from two birth mothers. It's incredibly hard to believe, especially how fast it has happened. We have only been active a month and two weeks....though it seems like we've been waiting forever. It has almost been a full year (11 months and almost two weeks) since we formally announced that we were going on this adoption journey.


If you are a family member or close friend, please don't feel left out of the loop or offended. We haven't shared this information with anyone, and as I said, we're not going into detail here about what has happened, mostly because we don't know how it will turn out, and we don't want to get our (and every one else's!) hopes up.

I'll just say this. This is the closest we've been to the reality of becoming a family since we started this journey. There are a LOT of things up in the air, so please, please pray for these two women. If you don't pray, send your positive thoughts their way. WE are fine. We are not overly excited or attached, because it's so new and so surreal, and we're trying to stay calm and focused on one day at a time. The birth mothers are the ones who need your prayers and support. They are the ones battling this incredibly difficult decision.

Neither of these situations might work out, and that's okay. But what if one did? We never in a million years imagined that anyone would be interested in us this quickly, much less two people. We were and ARE still prepared for a long wait.

I know this is the most vague blog post I've ever written, but it has to be so at this moment. Please don't ask any questions right now-we can't really share much. Believe me-when anything is official, we'll reveal some information. We have to protect the rights of these women, and that's extremely important to both of us. But, you all have been such a part of our journey-we thought it would be right to at least say that your efforts in helping us fund this adoption, as well as your efforts in prayer and hope for us, deserve a response!




For the first time, I actually feel like this could happen. Well, it will happen. And probably in the most unexpected way.

1 comment:

Christina said...

oh my word!! so exciting. cannot wait to hear how this all unfolds. praying for you!!