In the spirit of blogging about our Christmas traditions, today I'll write about the scrapbook. The Christmas scrapbook is another one of the Kretlow family traditions we decided to carry on. Every year, Bob and Jan would have all the Christmas guests write a little something in a scrapbook. There was always a place to sign in, and usually a question to answer. I love reading what Phillip wrote when he was a kid, especially the entry about his aunt Jacqui setting her socks on fire in the wood stove...
I love this tradition, because it captures more than a picture (although there are some pictures too). So, on our very first married Christmas (2004) I started a scrapbook, wrapped it up and gave it to Phillip as a gift. We've had five years of entries so far! After this year we'll have to buy a new book, because this one is full. I save all kinds of things, like the Christmas Dinner menu (stained with food), the church bulletin from Christmas Eve, and some of the cards family and friends send to us.
This year, we won't be able to travel to NC for the holidays. So, blogaudience (and if you're wondering if this means you, it means everyone!), this time you're required to participate. We want you to "e-write" in the Christmas scrapbook. Send me your answer to the questions and I'll print them out and post them in the scrapbook. You can comment directly on this blog, send an email to akretlow@gmail.com, or post it on facebook. We REALLY want you to write just a little something!
Here are the questions:
1. Sign in and write anything you want!
2. What are you most hoping for in 2010?
No comments:
Post a Comment