I haven't been blogging much in the last couple of weeks, so here's a quick update of what we've been up to.
Last week my mom came to visit and helped me make a slipcover for one of my chairs. I wanted to learn how to do it, so I helped do some of the sewing. Key word-SOME of the sewing. It was really hard. I don't think I could make a slipcover by myself, but I am going to try to recover some cushions for our deck chairs with the leftover fabric. The chair turned out great-it's perfect for the colors in our new house.
We ended the week last week with a trip to the Wintergreen Resort to celebrate July 4th. We took the Blue Ridge Parkway to the resort...it's really high up on the mountain and it was a beautiful drive. The resort is awesome! I can't wait to go back sometime. Watching fireworks with a mountainous backdrop was great...they really were more brilliant because the sky up there was pitch black. We also rode the chair lift just for fun.
In case you can't tell, I'm enjoying the summer. This is the first summer in three years that I haven't been working non-stop. I'm still doing some work, but I'm enjoying doing a lot of nothing also. Our next stop is a week at the beach, and a weekend in Asheville with family. Until then, well, I don't know. Not much of anything, I suppose. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment