
Happy New Year! These resolutions are a little late, but better late than never. Luckily, punctuality isn't on my list (but probably should be...some mountains are just too steep to climb!).
Here are my New Year's Resolutions...I make LOTS so I will feel better when I keep at least one or two! Casting a wide net, you know how it goes...
1. Check my email only once a day. Email really does suck my life away, and it's not really efficient to check it 9,000 times a day. It only distracts me from getting other things done, and most responses can wait a few hours, at least. This might tick off my students, but my sanity needs to be in check as well. When I said this one out loud at the dinner table, Phillip laughed sarcastically. Thanks for the vote of confidence, babe.
2. Take trips to at least two places we really want to go. We are planning to go out West this summer, and I want to go at least one more place. Haven't decided where yet.
3. Plant a small vegetable garden and start composting. Today I'll be heading to the Crozet Library to get books on both of these things. I'm sure the first "harvest" will be interesting, but I want to at least try. This will help with resolution #4.
4. Save lots of money. We just revamped our budget big time. It's not going to be easy...$100 a week for household including food will be quite the challenge. But we're going to give it a try. We want to start a family sometime soon, and that means buckling down big time. Yikes.
So, hopefully, I can keep at least one of these-maybe more. Last year's resolutions were fairly successful, so maybe I can keep it up for another year.
What are your resolutions? Post a comment-I'd love to hear!
No comments:
Post a Comment