Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Amazing Students


Last semester was rough. I had some challenging students in one class, and a challenging technology issue in another. I learned alot, and SHOCKINGLY my course evaluations were still good... (I think my students were smoking something when they filled them out....).

Anyway, this semester, my students are AMAZING. They remind me why I worked so hard to get here. They remind me of my vision of multiplying impact on kids. They are thoughtful, kind, smart, self-reflective, hard-working, and just plain enjoyable. They are funny and snarky. I love it. Here they are working together in class like champs. I love these guys-I look forward to every Monday because it means a new week to work with them. I feel super lucky to help them grow. And frankly, after the challenge of last semester, I NEEDED them. I love my students. They are amazing in class, and amazing at practicum. I LOVE watching novice students turn into teachers. I love supporting them in that journey. I learn so much along the way. They are WAY harder on themselves than I could ever be on them! I'm going to be equally sad and happy when this group goes out into the world.


No comments: