Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Faith. And Putt Putt.

This morning, Phillip and I sat down and went through our adoption (and regular) budget line. by. line. Anyone who isn't independently wealthy knows how this can prompt serious anxiety.


In my last post, I described that we have hit some setbacks. And we have. Never in a million years did I picture myself fundraising to bring a baby home. It's funny, though, because I never really could picture how we would become a family, either. I didn't have the picture in my mind of pregnancy. It never "felt" right to me, I never cared about biology, and that's probably my body and spiriting speaking to me. Well, that, and God.

I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. One day I'm elated about the thoughts of our future child. The next, I'm saddled with grief. The next, I'm anxious about money.

I don't believe in sitting around "waiting" for God. He gave me gifts, so I'm using them to help bring Baby K home. He also gave me amazing friends and family who are also helping us bring Baby K home.

This verse was in my head all day today (those Sunday School memorizations did the trick after all, I suppose).

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see" ~Hebrews 11:1.

Confession. I haven't been living on this faith. I've been living in fear, my own timeline, my own frustration. Why? Because I'm human.

But after our hour long budget discussion (yuck), we talked about solutions to having this child. I had read on Putt Putt's website that they did fundraisers. So I called. And....they are DONATING a course to us and the entire profits for five hours on August 11th. We don't have to pay them anything. How can this be true???? Is it going to give us our match budget? No. We would need 3,000 people to show up for that. Ha! Can you imagine the Putt Putt manager's reaction to that?



But, we can move toward our goal with your help. It's $6 a head to play one round of 18 holes. In addition to that, you can purchase lunch and raffle tickets (for really cool gifts-like Target gift cards!) for $5. 100% of everything goes to Baby K.

So. Come out in full force. Drive from NC. Spend the night here. We have plenty of room! My former JMU babies-what a way to reunite us all together! Friends, family, acquaintances, spread the word. One game of mini-golf and a raffle ticket could help us bring our baby home.


I think about how our baby will know how MUCH they were wanted, by the stories of things that we did to bring them into our family. If you haven't already, you will be receiving an e-vite! You can also RSVP on Facebook. Remember, we need 100 people. That means you, and you, and you.

No comments: