Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stand Still.


Lots of our friends and family have been asking for an adoption update. Well...we don't really have one. Not much has changed.

In my last post, we explained that we received the legal adoption agreement. Since then, we had our neighbors, who are both attorneys, take a look at the agreement. They were extremely helpful in showing us how to understand the document, and helping us to make decisions/changes to the agreement. Yes, in case you are wondering, it's weird that a legal agreement is part of becoming parents, but it's just the way it is.

And...as always.....the only barrier to us being active is...you guessed it...money.

We are so thankful for the opportunities we have been given to make additional money. I'm doing some professional development, Phillip is coaching swimming. We are even MORE thankful for those of you who have donated to bringing Baby K home. We continue to receive donations, and we are incredibly grateful. We also continue to need donations desperately.

I'm not going to lie. It's beyond frustrating. It feels impossible. $6000 seems impossible. Where is it going to come from??? We can't work any harder. Both of us are working 12-14 hours a day, or more. We are so grateful for the opportunities. We wish there were more opportunities.

So, we are at a standstill. I'm going to be honest. It feels like it's never going to happen. I know I've said this before. I'm amazed at the amount we have raised. We've been at this for 6 months.

I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying to be brave. It's just not that easy. I just don't see where the money is going to come from. I literally can't work any harder. So now what? We rely on kindness of others. It's just. Not. Easy.

So, we wait. We wait, and we wait, and we wait. 



No comments: