Sunday, October 5, 2008

Furman Matters

Yesterday, after five years, I went back to Furman. We were going to Greenville for the Michael Buble concert (which was AMAZING), and obviously I couldn't go back without visiting campus. There is truly something about Furman...something special that people who didn't go there really can't understand. Sure, the campus is beautiful, and we can all appreciate that. But going back made me realize that I'm who I am in part because of Furman. I learned to work hard at Furman. I learned to care about the world and to think beyond myself about what my impact in this life can be. I don't think I would be getting a Ph.D. if it wasn't for the way Furman teaches you that you can do something bigger. I don't think I would be as conscious if it wasn't for Furman. So, thanks Furman (and mom and dad for the $$$...). You mattered to me. Happy five year anniversary to the class of 2003.

No comments: