Today I spent the whole day working on writing and taking data, two things I love to do. I'm so glad to be a little more busy with my work right now...I actually asked my advisor to take a bigger role on some articles so I could have more work to do. It turns out that once you've entered the data collection phase of your study and sent out all your applications to universities, there isn't anything else to do. I was actually starting to get bored, and yes, mom, I know what you used to say when we were kids "only simple minds get bored". Still...I was bored. So bored, that I organized my tupperware cabinet, which I did yesterday. But don't worry, Phillip will make sure it doesn't stay like that for long.
When you are writing, sometimes your mind wanders. With the work I do, you spend a lot of time "in your head" anyway. Most of the time my mind wanders to things I want to do. I have a lot of big dreams. Ever since I was a kid I remember always thinking about what was coming next. I have to work on being "in the moment"; Phillip has really helped with that.
But today, I was thinking about some of the things I want to do in the future. I think about this stuff all the time. Most of these things we don't have the money to do, or we're not ready to do. But it's worth writing about anyway, just to hold myself accountable for the ideas I once had. So here goes. Here's my bucket list, the top 10 things I want to do before I die (subject to change, of course). And when you're finished reading, I want to know yours! Come on, just hit that "comment" button and share your thoughts. You know you want to.
1. Have a family.
2. Run an animal rescue organization (don't worry...I wouldn't keep them ALL).
3. Visit all the places in the US I've always wanted to go and never have, including NYC and California Wine Country.
4. Take Phillip to Europe. I've already been, but I want to see it again with him.
5. Be completely debt free. And I mean the mortage too.
6. Take my mom on a REALLY nice vacation.
7. Make a significant, memorable, contribution to the field of special education.
8. Publish a curriculum.
9. Take a cooking class.
10. Learn to ballroom dance.
Whew, now I'm tired just thinking about it. Okay, your turn. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment