We went to Zinc American Kitchen. I've been wanting to try it for the last couple of years. It's in uptown Charlotte on the corner of N. Tryon and 6th St. It's kind of a loft setting. There aren't any pictures on their website, which is too bad because it's so cute-the colors are black, white, and red. The floor is black and white checkered. We went early and had an appetizer at the bar (hummus and pita...yummy!). Then we had dinner in the upstairs loft and exchanged our little gifts. Here's the menu so you can check it out. I had the scallops with the spring roll. Phillip had the shrimp pasta (big surprise!). And then he ate most of mine too, of course. Delicious!
http://www.harpersgroup.com/pdf/zinkdinner1208.pdf
We always exchange little gifts on Valentine's day. Under 20 dollars. I gave him some glow in the dark heart boxer shorts...ha ha ha. And I made him giant heart shaped chocolate chip cookies. His main gift was new reef flip flops that he has been begging for. Too bad it's cold again and he can't wear them yet.
He gave me this necklace from the Jewel Box. I can't wait to wear it!
All in all, it was a great night to escape from the stress of the last few weeks. In the car on the way to the restaurant, Phillip asked me if I thought other people had what we have. I said, I hope so. I would hope that there are lots of other happily married people. It seems like all you hear about is how hard marriage is. It IS hard sometimes. But it's so worth it if you are married to the right person. It's not that complicated for us. Basically, we just want the other person to be happy. And that's what we work for. I am so lucky to still be in love with my valentine...9 years and hopefully 60 or so more left to enjoy together!
No comments:
Post a Comment