I am officially in the thick of grant writing. When I go into the writing zone, I almost have to become another person-ignoring everything and everyone around me. I go through stages of elation and extreme frustration with myself during this process. I think I had blocked out the last two grants I helped write, and the pain of my dissertation, prior to starting this project. Now, that sinking feeling of "how am I EVER going to get all these words organized on paper" is coming back to me. I've officially hit my limit today for writing, which involves me staring aimlessly at the computer screen after 5 hours of writing to produce 5 pages, and no, I am not kidding.
It's amazing the pain you will put yourself through for something you really believe in. I know this project can work. I also know there's a high likelihood it won't get funded the first time around, but I'm still going to give it my best. Here's a picture of the mess I create when I write. Phillip captured the other one of me writing. I look miserable, but really, I'm not. I know he will be glad when we move into our house so I can stop using our living room as the writing disaster zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment