I had my first guitar lesson today. My instructor's name is Alex, and he's 71 years old with crazy white hair. Not at all what I was expecting, but I love it. He talks really fast, but is amazing on the guitar. I have to learn three chords for next week and practice some fingering exercises. I practiced already this afternoon...it's hard, and my fingers hurt! I know that's normal. It's hard to be a beginner...I have so much to learn!
Here's my homework...
I'm using my mom's old guitar. It's a Conn. My teacher said it was a good guitar because it was made in Japan. Apparently Conn was first in the business of making brass instruments, but in the 60s got into making Guitars. It needs a few new strings, and he's going to replace them next week.
Alex asked me what I wanted to play. I didn't really know...I told him that I like folk music, but also classical since that's how I was trained on the piano and voice. It's fun to learn something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment