Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome, Summer.


So first off, I know, I owe you a "vlog". I'm having difficulty uploading videos. I'll get the 30 interview up eventually. Really, it's not that interesting, people.

To, to tide you over...
I am so ready for summer. Perhaps it's my need to say, "Hey, you worked REALLY hard this year. Take a break, now." Whatever the impetus, I'm so ready. Yeah, I'll still work this summer. I'm teaching two classes and doing lots of writing (my choice...partly). I really didn't want to teach this summer. I wanted to write. And rest. But Phillip's job situation changed that for us, and I'm glad to have the opportunities. But, I'll still focus on the things that matter most to me, and have more fun. This will be the first summer I'll spend with my husband home, too-WEIRD. We have lots of plans and ideas. Lots of weekend trips. This weekend was a little taste. Friday night we ordered pizza and watched 20/20. Hey, I'm 30 now; I'm allowed to be old.

Saturday morning, we headed to the Charlottesville Farmer's market. Among the items we purchased were local honey (our allergies are HORRIBLE this year and we heard this will help), local sausage, which we're saving for Bob and Jan's visit this weekend, local eggs, and a baby gift for a friend which I cannot disclose yet.

After the farmer's market we headed to the Ivy Nursery. I. am. in. love. I wanted to buy everything. I've been wanting a magnolia tree. We didn't buy one yet....still looking and thinking about where it will go. But we did buy some ivy and shasta daisies for the backyard. It's been raining nonstop, so I don't have any real pictures, yet.











The pictures below describe our Saturday evening. Those are peanut butter chocolate cupcakes, in case you are wondering. I wish I could be this relaxed all the time. Truthfully, I don't know what I would do without summer. I really think it's a educator's only respite, given that the other 9-10 months of our year are beyond insane.




No comments: