Monday, October 8, 2012

Donate for Daddy

For the month of October, we will be doing a "Donate for Daddy" fundraiser for our adoption. This was suggested by our fundraising coach from AdoptTogether.

Phillip's 36th birthday is October 29th. So, our goal is to raise at least $360 by his birthday. That's ten people donating a dollar for every year of his life-ten $36 donations. Will you be one of the ten?

I'm guessing most of my loyal readers know what an amazing father Phillip is going to be. In fact, quite honestly, it was one of the reasons why I wanted to marry him. I watched him interact with my toddler sister when we first began dating, and I knew then, when it came to children, his heart was made of pure gold.

I've seen that continue over the years-I've never seen a baby cry in his arms. He's more comfortable around a newborn than I am (the weird floppy head thing gets me every time!). I've watched him coach middle schoolers and literally fall in love with teaching his students with disabilities.

If I'm being totally honest, I'm a little intimidated by his parenting prowess. I have a lot to live up to. He is gentle, and fun, and kind. I know I will have a true partner in parenting with this man. How do I know? Because man, we have been through some rough times in our 13 years together and we're standing stronger all the time.

So if you know Phillip, if you love Phillip, help him become a daddy. Donate a dollar for every year of his amazing life. You might not know that Phillip had quite a dramatic entrance into the world himself; born at only 27 weeks. He was literally a miracle baby. Obviously, he was meant to do something great on this earth, and I personally believe being an amazing father is one of them.

I mean, after all, not just ANY man could rock this look on "Wacky Tacky Day" during middle school spirit week, right?



$36 is Chinese take out for four. It's a tank of gas (if you're lucky!). It's a trip to Target when you're not sure how you went in to buy deodorant and came out with a $50 bill. As always, we understand if you don't have it to give. If you can't, share our story, light a candle, say a prayer, send encouragement Phillip's way. A lot of this journey has been focused on me-rightly so because after all, it is MY blog. But Phillip has faced the same fears, frustrations, and hope that I have, in addition to being my rock every time I don't think I can keep moving forward. He looks pretty good holding a baby, huh?


$36 for Phillip. $360 by October 29th. Donate when and if you can. We are still a little shy of $7,000 to meet our $15,000 goal. We are grateful for literally every penny. www.adopttogether.org/babyk

No comments: