One of the things that has brought me comfort is looking at pictures of my dad when he was young...when I was little...when we were a family. When I remember my dad, I don't remember him old, gray, and sick. I remember him young and vibrant.
I'm exhausted. I am taking tiny steps forward, because I have to, but otherwise, I feel like I'm stuck. I can see the past, the present, but not the future. I just feel stuck. I know it will get better. For now, here are some pictures of me and my dad...the way I remember him.




1 comment:
Allison,
You have a gift with words. Thank you for sharing your life--even the hardest parts of it--with so many. You are inspiring, strong, honest. I haven't lost a parent, so I can't offer any words of comfort that would make a lot of difference. I desperately want you to be united with your son or daughter soon so you can feel how the circle of life opens up again after you've lost someone has close as your father. I am holding you close in my heart and lifting you up in prayer. I wish I could do more monetarily to speed things up for you.
God bless,
Kristin
Post a Comment