Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Phillip turned 36 this week! It was so nice to have a special occasion to celebrate; it feels like the last few months have been mired in work insanity, traveling, saving, and thinking way too much about our family building process.

He always asks for the same things for dinner every year, so that's what I made. This man loves any reason to create a tradition!

We celebrated on Sunday evening because of Phillip's coaching schedule, but it turned out to be a wise decision considering we lost power on his actual birthday from hurricane Sandy.

Here are some pictures of our just-the-two-of-us birthday celebration.





I asked Phillip what he wished for (I know you aren't supposed to do that, but I'm not particularly superstitious, so I asked anyway). He wished that this would be his last birthday without having a family. We did use his birthday as a way to fundraise for the adoption, and our friends and family were WAY more generous than our goal of $360. For his birthday, he received well over $500 toward the adoption. That was his favorite present. 


Happy birthday, Phillip! You are my sunshine. 

No comments: