A funny conversation happened at our house the other night, and I can't stop laughing about it. It went like this...Phillip: What's that dog called that's really wrinkly?
Me: A sharpei?
Phillip: Yeah, a sharpei. Well I smiled at myself in the mirror this morning and I look like a sharpei. I have so many wrinkles around my eyes that they almost disappear when I smile.
Me: (Laughing hysterically) You do not look like a Sharpei! But we can get you some wrinkle cream if that makes you feel better.
Phillip: I'm way past creams. I need botox.
Then we proceeded to see where my wrinkles were starting to pop up. Mostly under my eyes, on my forehead and a little on the sides of my mouth. I am about to turn thirty, so it's to be expected, I supposed.
Here's the truth about our wrinkles. I like them. I know "technically" wrinkles come from loosening of the skin as we age. But they also come from expressing emotions-surprise, pain, confusion, and best of all joy. It's nice to be married to someone who knew you before you had wrinkles...I think we still see each other that way, to be honest which makes aging together a beautiful thing. It's also nice to know that we've been together as all of those wrinkles came onto the scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment