Saturday, November 26, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods


Does anyone else remembering singing "Over the river and through the woods" as a Thanksgiving song in elementary music class? Well, I suppose I just couldn't find a clever title for this post...

We went to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. We took a whirlwind blast approach (as is usually the case) for trying to see everyone we could in three days.

It was wonderful. It started off with making what Mary calls "Kretlow Krispie Krack" which is just basically peanut butter and chocolate rice krispie treats. But they are totally delicious. Notice that this 13 year old is taller than me.

Then, while Grannie and mom worked in the kitchen on Thursday:

Mary and I did manicures while listening to Miranda Lambert. I totally love her song "My Mama's Broken Heart". So fun.
The food was delish. Later we took a family picture, orchestrated by Mary. That girl loves her family! Here she is setting up the tripod...


And...here is the final product.


Fun time with family.



No comments: