Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crime Scene Photos

Yesterday morning I walked downstairs to find this:

What is it, you ask? Bloody paw prints. Now, using my stellar detective skills, I knew it wasn't the dogs because they stay in the basement during the day (more room to run around and play). So, my two thoughts were that the cat found some kind of rodent in our house and slaughtered it (gross), or she was hurt. I couldn't find her before I left for work, so I texted Phillip. He said that she pulled the floor vent off earlier in the morning and got her fat self stuck in the vent hole. He hadn't seen the blood.

Last night we wrapped her up in a towel like a little cat burrito and tried to investigate the wound. Turns out she ripped ALL the skin of one of her paws. This morning she was whiny and grumpy. I tried to get a picture, but she wouldn't let me NEAR her. Vet says it should heal on its own. Poor Moshi. That's what happens when you're a fat cat and too curious for your own good. But how 'bout my investigation skills??



2 comments:

Jenna said...

This is totally something my dogs would do, it cracked me up- but I hope she gets better soon!

Allison said...

Thanks, Jenna! If she's not better by tomorrow, I'm somehow going to get her into her carrier and take her to the vet! Definitely a daunting task...!