Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Mountain


If you live in this area, you know ALL about "driving over the mountain". I drive over Afton mountain every day to get to work. Honestly, it's a beautiful drive, and 99% of the time it improves my mood to look at beautiful scenery while I'm driving to and from work.


But....there are those times when the weather is so horrendous that driving over the mountain is a scary, scary thing. Tonight was one of those times.



It has been raining furiously all day. Apparently this vicious rain is going to turn into 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Awesome. I left at 5, so it was already dark, and still raining. There was so much wind on the mountain that I felt like I didn't have control over my car. There was tons of fog, and to top it off, I was caged in by two semi-trucks. So basically, my drive home tonight was the perfect culmination of events to cause an anxiety attack!

So thankful to be home in one piece. Let's just say that purchasing the Subaru was a good choice. Obviously, we are going to need it.


No comments: