Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Poor Coach K


It's lucky in marriage when one person has a great day and the other has a bad day. It's definitely worse when both people have a bad day. Today, I had a fun day, but Phillip had a bad day. So, I'm glad I had a good so I could support his bad day.

Tonight Coach K had his first loss. They kind of got stomped. :( 33-19. But after two wins, I'm trying to convince him that it's okay.

On top of that, one of the kids on his team threw up all over his wool jacket and backpack. Yuck, right? He loves that jacket. I gave it to him a few Christmases ago. Good thing for the dry cleaner, right?

The real kicker though, was that one of the parents attacked him in the last quarter of the game. He came down to tell Phillip that they "were already losing, so why don't you go ahead and play some of the other kids on the bench?". What this guy didn't know was that those girls missed practice the week before, and the rules state that you can't play if you miss practice. Phillip kept his cool (so he says...I wasn't there!), but came home pretty fired up due to the meddling dad.

Man, this coaching thing is hard! He's taking it so seriously. I feel so bad for him. So, tonight I played his favorite song on the piano, which he loves in an effort to calm his nerves. And he got a huge hug from "Mollie Bean" which helps too. (The angle of this picture looks like the painting is crooked, but I promise it's not!). Now he's asleep on the couch, so that's good-at least he's resting.
Poor baby. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

No comments: