This morning we went on the hunt for the perfect tree and wreath at our favorite place in Crozet-The Ivy Corner Store. They have the best trees and the best prices. This is the only picture I could find of the store on the internet-obviously this was in the summer.

We found "the one" pretty quickly. It's a stocky sucker, and my favorite tree we've ever had. I think I've decided I like full trees. Girth over height, I've decided. Probably has something to do with what I see in the mirror every morning... :)
We gave the "Subie" it's first hauling challenge, and it pulled through for us beautifully.

Mary was in town for some pre-holiday festivities, so she came along. You can really tell how grown up she is in this picture. She doesn't look like the "little" sister anymore, does she??

We also got a magnolia leaf wreath. Last year we got a boxwood wreath and I dried it and hung it in the house. I plan to do the same with this one. I just love magnolia trees. I so want one in my yard, but they are so expensive.

Here's the finished product, in all her glory.

No comments:
Post a Comment