Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gender Neutral Nursery Poll

Our first home visit is tomorrow night. There are four for the state of VA in six weeks. At the last visit, we have to have the nursery mostly complete (at least a place for the baby to sleep). I've been looking at "gender neutral" nursery themes, but I'm so indecisive. Originally I wanted a vintage Mother Goose Theme like the one below, but (a) I haven't been able to find anything and (b) the characters look a little creepy, don't you think?


So, I found this website that has a slideshow of gender neutral nurseries. They are numbered. Please vote in our blog poll! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't find one you love, I have some ideas... One of the best ideas I have seen is buying one of your favorite children's books, taking it apart and framing your favorite parts. If you want to stick with Mother Goose, you could just find a pretty book. OR you could pick a completely different book. I like how colorful Eric Carle books are. That would be fun.
I am so excited for you and your husband, and can't wait to see how things fall into place. =)

Allison said...

Sarah-what a fabulous idea. I hadn't thought of just framing parts of the book! I'm open to any ideas. We are just over the moon excited. And looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!!! We need to plan that out.

Love,
A

Kelsi said...

So many great ones in that list! I really liked the typography and colors in the first one. Then I got to 14, 15 and 16 and just loved all of those.

Your nursery is going to be filled with love and at the end of the day, that is all that matters. Just have fun with it :)

Christina said...

I'm quite partial to pottery barn kids....I don't think there has ever been a nursery set I didn't like. :) I voted #5 and it is a PBK set. Here are all the current neutral sets from PBK...

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/baby/bedding/unisex-nursery-bedding/?cm_type=lnav