The last few months, I have become more and more convinced of this. Some of the reasons why will be revealed much later on this blog. A cliffhanger keeps you reading, people!
But for today, I will reveal the ways God isn't making mistakes now.
I have a new piano student named Sherilyn. She's 19, officially my oldest student. I now have students ranging from age 6-19. I love it. Who knew? And I know, I know, I don't have time to do anything else. But, this is a way to combine all my loves-teaching and music. Plus the money is so helpful in our situation, and I'm SO grateful for God's gifts of music and teaching. I knew I had the skills to do it, but I didn't know it would feed my soul.
Now here's the point of this post. My newest student, Sherilyn, is showing me that God doesn't make mistakes. She has so far had a pretty difficulty life. She dropped out of school in 8th grade and went into the foster care system (for reasons I don't know, and don't ask, because it's not my business). She revealed to me that she was adopted by a Mennonite family in Ivy, and that she's working on her GED two nights a week. You might not know that there is a large Mennonite population in this area, and they are beautiful, wonderful people.
She is sweet. And smart. And kind of a perfectionist. Today, she told me I was a good teacher. I wonder how many teachers she had in life that didn't take the time to know her. To SEE her. To help her. She's paying for her own lessons through her job at a greenhouse. Impressive. When I was 19, my parents were supporting me in college. I had no idea how privileged I was.
I can only hope that I can be a positive influence on her life. I believe this will happen. Because again-God. Doesn't. Make. Mistakes.
Wow. I hope he uses me as his hands, feet, and heart. She is a special, sweet girl. Loving life's unexpected twists.

No comments:
Post a Comment