Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grateful...and Overwhelmed

Truthfully, I was nervous terrified to make our adoption decision public. I was even scared to tell our families. I realize this is irrational now, because they were all wonderfully supportive and fully understood our choice.

What has truly overwhelmed me though, is all the supportive comments, texts, phone calls, and messages we have received in a short 24 hours. I have never felt so loved, and this just affirms once again that we are headed down the right path. Thank you to so many of you who have messaged me with your personal stories about adoption. Thank you for the prayers from some of you I don't even know. Really, I am overwhelmed.

While we are excited beyond measure, we also know that this can be a long and emotional process. Right now, I have such a peace about this that is allowing me to be patient.

So thank you, for the prayers, the kind words, the encouragement, and the stories. Tomorrow a giant UPS box of paperwork and information is going to arrive at our house. We have lots of thinking and decisions to make before our first home study consultation on Friday evening. We're using this agency: Adoption Network Law Center in case you want to check it out.

http://www.adoptionnetwork.com 


Today a friend shared with me that this is the "official" symbol for adoption. I'm hoping to have some kind of necklace or bracelet made to look like this. 


 But until then, I'll be wearing this locket Phillip gave me for Christmas. It's just waiting for a baby picture. :) 

No comments: